Saturday, May 28, 2011

Time Flies By And Yet Moves So Slow...

What a month! Connor LOVES swimming! He can leave my arms and get the wall (swimming for about 4 seconds). He will rotate to floating if he can't reach the wall. I am so thankful knowing that he would save himself in case of an "accident". After all, they don't call them accidents for nothing! I strongly encourage any of you with children to look into Infant Swimming Resource - well worth the money. It isn't just for people with pools, they have a lot of stories of kids in lakes & even little ponds (which there are 4 very close to my house!).

Connor is breaking in his 2nd molar. Those molars are sheer torture! He also got a cold...poor thing. Rare to a child, Connor will stand there and let me blow his nose! He's such an amazing little guy!

Connor had wax removed from his ears (a lot of it!). That was worse than any shot he's received! He just cried & cried and wouldn't be comforted. So I said, "you might as well give him his shots too". It's never fun to see your little one upset, but there are some things in life that are unavoidable!

Connor is such a sweet boy. He comes up to me to hug me or give me kisses - unprompted. I love this part of motherhood...seeing your baby become a sweet boy! He kisses the phone when family call and will blow kisses to complete strangers (this one we'll have to "fix" in a few years).

Connor has learned where his eyes, nose, ears, hair, belly and tongue are. He is so smart! When I tell him it is time for a diaper change, he goes to his bedroom! He is getting really good at listening (although sometimes this is conditional!). He says, "Ball, uh-oh, bye-bye, Baaa (balloon)". He can color, kick a ball and walk backwards (things I never showed him to do!).

I love hearing his laughter. I love that he just seems so much "better" after we skype Jeremy. For as many things that are difficult for us right now, Connor is the one thing that always makes it better!

Almost looks like Fonzie! Watch out ladies!
A tattoo...Not his first either! This one is an Easter bunny! My little tough guy.
We went to an Easter egg hunt at the YMCA with our friends the Huges. It was a great time. Once I showed Connor what to do, he was picking up the eggs and putting them in the basket. The basket (in little Elijah's hands) was Jeremy's when he was little. I embellished it with a little blue ribbon to make it special for Connor.
Easter 2011. Connor is snuggling his Dada Doll...
Connor & JT on Easter - We were invited to the Schwartz' house for Easter. Good food, Great friends! Connor had a blast doing an Easter egg hunt with JT! Those boys make each other laugh. They just sit there laughing sometimes. It is the cutest thing!
I love that Connor can usually be found with a book in hand! It also cracks me up that he LOVES shoes, especially Daddy's!
Our boy has become a climber! Our neighbors were over when Connor decided to show me what he was capable of! This is the beginning of a new chapter of motherhood worry!
When the house got quiet the other day, I started looking for Connor. I found him sitting in his bumbo reading a book!
Connor loves corn! He will eat a whole ear at a time!
I love having a silly baby! He's always doing something goofy (well, almost always!).
This is me attempting a hair cut. Connor sits still...amazing! His bangs were getting in his eyes during swim lessons. By the time I was done, he looked like a girl! So I kept cutting...which led to the mullet! 

Off to the professionals. I WILL be trying to cut it as needed in the future (sorry Anne, but $20 for a kids hair cut is outrageous!). He looks so grown up with his hair short. I was a little sad, but no tears...it's part of life! He got to sit in Lightening Mcqueen and watch Cars...a little more fun than my haircut at home without even the TV on!
He is a Little Hunky Monkey! I love the pose! Thanks Auntie Jess for the clothes for Connor and Thanks Tantie Debbie for the shirts for me!!! We are both happily fashionable!
Connor has figured out how to line things up, how to put things away and UNFORTUNATELY how to throw things in the trash! I love it when he lines his ducks up like this - then he hits them off their stoop into the tub.
Mother's Day 2011. I got a beautiful bracelet from Jeremy and a lot of love & laughs from Connor!
Connor LOVES black olives! He sticks them on his fingers and eats them. Zucchini is another favorite. Don't worry, he is NOT a vegetarian!
This is a picture of the 1st time Connor put his shoe on himself! Thanks Grovers for the crocs! I love the pride in his face!
Feet through the bars...I often hear him putting his feet on the bars when trying to fall asleep and have to sneak in once he's sleeping to move legs back into the crib. So much for bumper pads!
My helper...soooo strong!
My thermostat...The car read 111 (had been sitting out 3hrs in the sun). It was really mid 90s
I got to visit with a friend from Nursing School when she was in Fl with her family. Some of you might know her because you ate my beautiful wedding cake (her creation!)! I had the most wonderful time catching up with Kellei...it had been over 5 years! Her younger son Devin wasn't too thrilled with the Connor invasion, but her son Cole snuggled right up with him and played games with him! I love this snuggle photo!
He is awake...barely! This is what bribery looks like these days! I had an hour car ride at night getting home from visiting Kellei. Connor was loosing it...break out the iPad and Baby Einstein! Ahhh...quiet!
I always knew this turkey pan would come in handy some day (it has yet to see a turkey "sitting" in it)!
Doesn't he look like he's ordering off a menu? Maybe he's reading the "paper" while he's waiting to be served... Either way, he looks like his dad to me! :-)
A rare moment where Connor & his buddy Garrison are playing nice. They are too funny...walking hand-in-hand away from their swimming lessons (hence the warm clothes - it was only high 70s and the water was 82 for a week!)...Poor Florida boys froze!
So, I grew Connor on watermelon & french fries while in the womb...about all I could stomach. He does love both! He esp likes to stick his fingers IN the watermelon before eating it!
At a local water park. I love this photo because I feel it captures the sweetness of our baby boy!
I LOVE waking up to my alarm clock...it sounds like this: Da-Da, Da-ddy, Ba-Ba (balloon), Uh-Oh, Bye-Bye, Baaa (Ball)...You get the picture. The sweetest sound there is: Our baby boy!
There are a few things he only does with his dad via skype and I think that's so special. We are so blessed to have Little Connor Matthew in our lives!

This weekend we remember Memorial Day. Honor those who have gone before us; Celebrate those who currently sacrifice...Never forget why you have freedom!

Until next month...

1 comment:

Kellei said...

Yay! We made the blog! :)