I don't know if we could really say that, but what we can say is that we are still happily married. Every relationship has challenges. It's learning to work with them that makes a marriage special.
The biggest thing I've learned over the years is: don't wait. I don't wait to see if he remembers my birthday, our anniversary, Christmas, Valentine's Day. It's like setting him up for failure! Rather than end up angry at him (with him not realizing what he's done wrong), I tell him the expectations I have (and have learned to make them reasonable & fulfillable). ie:"I'd like a card", "don't get me anything big, but get me something" or these days "I'd like a phone call". This has been a major key to our joint happiness (I think Jeremy would concur)! Of course Connor played a role in our joy as well (had to give a shout out to our baby who has made us the happiest married parents!).
This year, I say: I love you, I respect you and the man you are, I am grateful that God gave you to me, I long for the day when we will be together again, bring on the next 70 (?) years!
We may be apart in physical distance, but we are still united in heart, soul, spirit. Whom God has joined, let no man put asunder!
God Bless you Jeremy Young! I love you more today than the day we married and can't wait to see how much bigger and stronger our love will get through the years to come.
All my love,
Grace
| The tokens of our love. The bracelet is what Jeremy gave me as a wedding present. It has my "new" initials on it: GMY (or as Jeremy says, giveme!). |
| When the world seems dark & cold, remember that with God our love shines bright! |
| Jeremy hates PDA: This photo is priceless! BTW: He is a GREAT dancer! |
No comments:
Post a Comment