It amazes me how time flies and yet moves SO SLOWLY! I can't believe our baby is turning into such a big boy right before my eyes. If only deployments would move this quickly!
I would like to say: Happy Father’s Day Jeremy! You are a wonderful dad working hard to secure a free America for our son! You make sure Connor comes first (skyping him or recording yourself reading books to him). You are the most hands on dad I know - Connor loves you more than words can say (esp since he can’t talk yet)! Next year we will celebrate Father’s Day together ‘Young Style’. Connor adores you - Stay safe & hurry home to him!
May 22nd, Connor "ran" his first race this past month. He came in 5th (out of 7) only because 2 kids were carried. Connor did walk the race on his own...all 100ft of it :-) I proudly put the video of his race to the tune of Chariots Of Fire.
Connor is funny. He pulls a string and "runs" around the house with the cat chasing after him. He just laughs and laughs...there's nothing like baby laughter! His favorite things include: giraffes, balls, cars & books.
At night when I am rocking Connor, he often snuggles in and kisses me on the neck. One night in the dark, his little hands were touching my hair, my face, my lips and then he leaned in for a kiss...so sweet!
New Connor feats include walking sideways & backwards. He says, "Hi" and "ByeBye" now. Animals don't have names, they have sounds...I think this is much cuter! He likes to play the piano. He says peek-a-boo and “cheers”.
Connor got stung by a jelly fish a few weeks ago. He flinched for a quick second, but stayed in the water. Maybe he has a high pain tolerance? He is too funny in the sand - sprawls out on his belly rubbing his hands around.
He had a busy month playing with his friends (and having a good friend move away). A friend was watching Connor so I could go to the dentist. When I picked him up, I was informed that he and Kaitlyn were kissing all morning. Oh boy, here we go!
Auntie Suz is here - Connor loves having her here. He goes to her room to look for her in the morning. What will he do when he sees her for 6 weeks straight and then she's not here?!?! I love having her here - an extra set of hands has provided me some sanity at a time when it was much needed. She has also been helping me get the house clean!
Our poor boy got really sick a few weeks ago. His temp was nearly 103. It was a unnerving weekend for me. He was teething his 3rd molar (the 4th molar is now 1/2 way through!)...and little did I know that he had another double ear infection. Never a dull moment with our busy boy.
Connor is a joy. What would life be like without him: boring. We are truly blessed to have this sweet boy in our lives!
To catch you up to date: Connor has tried & likes chinese food. He had an eye checkup and his eyes are great! We will have a yearly visit to follow his pseudo strabismus (I have this as well - the only thing I notice is that 3D movies are blurry). Connor has learned how to tackle. He was playing with friends and thinks being “body slammed” on the sofa is funny. He can blow bubbles from the wand. He has started going pee in his potty whenever I change his diaper and offer to let him do so. Of course he still goes in his diapers or the floor if I let him run around, but it’s a start!
Mom Notes: I have been out of the house THREE times in the last 3 weeks! This is amazing! I went from once every 6 weeks to once a week. I am enjoying it! They were quick jaunts out, but even hitting up the post office (weekly) without a bored boy is good. I went for a manicure/pedicure which was long overdue! A quick shout-out for friends & family. I appreciate the emails, letters & quick phone calls. It is impossible for me to try to connect everyone, but I appreciated you touching base with me. Thank you!
Family Notes: People have been asking what I need or what they could do to help out. I frequent the post office (to mail packages $13/ea), target (for supplies for Jeremy- I put gas in my car to run these errands) and shutterfly.com (to mail Jeremy photos). Please DO NOT feel obligated to send anything...I'm just letting people know how they can help if they aren't able to send Jeremy something but still want to help.
Jeremy Notes: He has been receiving packages and mail from all of you. He often works 12hr days 7days a week and isn't always able to respond to everyone. Please know that your gifts of love and support are more than appreciated!
Until next month, we keep moving forward (as Connor moves forwards, backwards and sideways!).
Love, Team Young
 |
| Beach Time |
 |
| Connor loved the ocean |
 |
| Beach Buddies |
 |
| I know I am sitting in the ocean, but I need more water in my bucket please |
 |
| BUSTED! This is toilet paper! |
 |
| Help comes in all forms...He helped me get motivated to re-organize his closet! |
 |
| Connor's room. With the help of my sister, I just finished his name in fun colored letters with animals on them. Now, after every nap Connor wants to look at them & tell me their sounds. |
 |
| Amazed at the aquarium |
 |
| He loved the dolphins |
 |
| Oh boy! Double Trouble! |
 |
| Duets are becoming normal with Auntie Suzie here |
 |
| Play group lunch on my trash picked picnic table |
 |
| What Connor & his room look like after a nap! |
 |
| Connor running his first race with mom proudly at his side |
 |
| Friends & family at Sea World |
 |
| C & I took a stab at training Shamu & her baby - we got them to hold VERY STILL! |
 |
| Stingrays: Daddy's favorite (Connor likes them too) |
 |
| Silly Mama & Connor at the Zoo |
 |
| Connor's first box hideout |
 |
| A visit with our friends at the beach. Charlie has grown so much and is a fast crawler. He kept watching Connor...I hope for his parent's sake, he didn't learn anything from Connor ;-) |
 |
| Connor is clapping for himself after a pee in the potty |
 |
| Our beautiful beach boy! |
1 comment:
I hope this blog makes sense...It is 3am!
Post a Comment