Friday, April 22, 2011

What A Busy Life We Lead...

The end of our crazy month has passed. We had so much fun with family & friends visiting. It was great to have Jeremy's sister here for part of the time that Connor & I had a terrible cold! The help around the house was appreciated as was having someone to bathe Connor while I stripped his crib after a 10pm vomiting episode...

Connor is now 13 months old! I can't believe how quickly the time passes and how fast they grow up! He is the friendliest little guy stopping to "talk" to the neighbors on our daily walk to the mailbox. Without fail, we have someone approach him to talk to him at the grocery store! He has the sweetest personality! I wouldn't call him a troublemaker or anything of the like...he is truly a sweet, yet busy boy!

Connor's month long double ear infection has resolved! One happy Mama here!

He's starting to "run"! He has the biggest smile on his face when he does it and is so proud. Each day brings new & exciting things. He is trying to mimic my talking and I hope it isn't long before he can communicate with me better.

Connor is back in swimming lessons - this time learning to "get the wall" if he falls in. He is doing a great job.

The next month should be quiet (aside from swimming class & play dates). I'm looking forward to the down time and just having time to sit and "be" with Connor.

Aunt Jessica came for a visit. We went to the Brevard Zoo (I now have an annual pass). We didn't see much of the zoo - we hope to go again soon.
Connor's favorite thing...A Giraffe!
Connor has NO FEAR when it comes to giraffes! Quite the opposite! The giraffe nearly licked his face & he thought it was the greatest thing. A slimy hand was enough excitement in my book!
We went and fed the birds. This is Connor reaching out to the bird just before that stupid bird bit my baby! Poor Connor just cried...
Connor tried out his little friend's bouncy seat. Look at that hair: haircut pictures coming next month!
We went camping. The 40lb raccoons & a 20lb little boy kept me awake - I got about 3-4hrs of sleep. Camping with a baby wasn't really that fun for me. Connor did enjoy the great outdoors!
Alexander Spring, Altoona Florida. A natural spring - gorgeous water. Connor enjoyed the water!
Connor's friend Daniel wanted to hold his hand and go walking. So sweet! Connor shared a campsite with his buddy Corban and had Elijah & Daniel next door. What fun for our boys!
When I tell Connor we are going to the mailbox or for a car ride,  I tell him to go get his shoes on. He is then usually found by the door trying to get his shoes on. This day however, he got Dada's shoes on and was chewing on his! 
Destructo Baby: He does it with a smile! These are very true words spoken by Connor's Memere. This is what I found when I left him alone to play while I was working in the kitchen...if it wasn't this, it would have been something else! What a busy boy I have...I love it though!
Daddy's little golfer. He has a putter, an iron & a driver. He hits the balls around the house. It will be fun to see him put all this "practice" to use when Dad comes home!
I got a very rare 2 hours out! Thanks Jeff for watching Connor. I went out with my friends from church to celebrate little Kaylee being born. I don't think we talked about the kids at all...what fun to talk about adult things!
Our very happy boy and that very crazy hair!
The boys from our church group playing. They ALL wanted to be in the toy box at the same time. Connor is truly happy almost ALL of the time. We are blessed to have such a happy/easy going boy!
Connor got tackled by his "little" friend Elijah (who is 8mo, but outweighs Connor). I decided to let Connor learn that sometimes life is hard, but hard work can pull you through (or out!). He did manage to get out from under Elijah (who laughed the whole time - as did all us adults). This past week, Connor returned the favor by sitting on Elijah! Boys will be boys!
Most of Connor's friends over for play group. We celebrated Connor & Kaitlyn's birthdays (4 days apart). What fun! This is the first time we got all the kids lined up for a picture. We didn't realize until afterwards that we separated the boys & girls. I guess you can't start separating them too young! 
Kissing his Daddy Doll...Dada goes EVERYWHERE now. He carries him in the house & the doll comes out with us when we leave. I think it's great that Connor can have a "physical" connection with Jeremy while he's gone! We can't wait for the real thing to replace the doll!
Legos sent by Uncle Trevor. The legos were a hit, but the box an even bigger one. Didn't you know the boxes were meant to be sat in?!
Connor's first molar has arrived (part of it). Tooth #9. It is taking it's sweet time torturing Connor as it SLOWLY breaks through the gums! 
Our family friends Peg & Tim came to Fl and stopped by for a visit. He took Connor for a drive (just in the cul-de-sac, which still had me on edge). It was great to see them! I appreciated the reassurance & support they provided! You can never hear enough that you are doing a good job & that you are a good mom!
Connor isn't your typical male. Here he was caught multitasking! Sweeping while eating. If you have to do a chore, you need to replace the calories you will expend! 
My cool new shades from Aunt Jessica. They are camouflage!
We had a CRAZY storm pass through Florida! Wild wind, rain, lightening & thunder (which we are used to). We aren't used to tornado warnings and HAIL. It was crazy. It is hard to see on the mat, but those white things the size of dimes & quarters were flinging out of the sky. Of course being a New Englander I had the door open and was sitting there watching the storm. Connor was ready to walk out into it and that's when I had to close the door. I enjoyed the wildness of that day!
Romeo in the making? He's practicing with a spoon! If any of you ladies out there are like me, you'd appreciate this much more than a rose!
Poor Connor got bit by a bird, but he also got stung by TWO wasps on his poor little fingers! His middle & ring finger have the sting marks on them and are pretty swollen (look at the difference from the tip of the pointer finger to the other two). Again, wailing ensued because "why would they hurt me?".
This is Connor learning to swim for safety! Thankfully he loves it!
Me: "Connor, where's your tongue?" Connor is happy to oblige!
Tub time is SO MUCH FUN! He now sits for about half the bath...it's an improvement!
A favorite picture of mine..."What/Who Me?". Please Connor...YES YOU!
That's it for this past month. We continue to go to the post office about every 1-3 weeks to mail Dada some cookies and goodies. Thanks to all you who have sent him boxes/letters. Everything from home is greatly appreciated! Our love to you all! Grace, Jeremy & Connor

No comments: