The best way to start this blog is to quote Jeremy: "On March 18, 2010 we had no idea how much better our 'tomorrow' would be with your arrival. I can remember when your mother held you for the first time. She was so happy to meet you. Your birth was very sweet. You never cried at all. You looked around and I'm sure you thought, 'So this is what I have been hearing all about'. You have been the very best addition to our lives."
It's true. We can't imagine life without Connor. He has the best temperament & personality and I love how easy-going he is! He is starting to run! He loves zucchini (among other fruits, veggies, but let it be known he is NOT a vegetarian!). Everyone who knows you loves you Connor! People stop me and talk to Connor everywhere we go. He is the light of our lives and not a day goes by without us thanking God for sending us this special little boy.
We were able to skype Jeremy for Connor's birthday party! It was nice to celebrate together as a family. I will fill you in on the past month using the photos as a guide. We've been really busy and hope to stay that way! Jeremy & I got Connor his first set of golf clubs (plastic). He loves to walk around with his clubs or carrying the golf balls.
I was able to find a dairy-free cake & frosting recipe online. Connor was able to eat his first cake. I decorated it with a giraffe in a car (currently 2 of Connor’s favorite things).
Jeremy is doing well - this isn't fun for any of us, that's for sure! I bet you didn't know that the on average military individuals lose 50lbs per deployment! I am learning a lot of new things about deployment, about myself, about life, about the Afghan people. Connor really misses his dad, but it isn't forever and we are thankful for that. Thanks for all your prayers for this family!
Incase you think I had enough drama in my life with the deployment, you're wrong (BTW: drama can be a good thing or a bad thing)! I ended up having to stop at a car vs kid on bike accident a few weeks ago (a broken leg). The whole time wanting to cry because "why can't my life be normal, why can’t I have a boring day?". One of my best friends had twins in Kentucky...wish I lived closer or could hop on a plane! I found out my brother Tim & his wife are having a boy. We are very excited for them and can't wait for July!
There are so many things going on in life around me. I find it relaxing to talk to my friends about their problems or help them in any way I can. Sometimes it's nice to get a break in my own world! I’m babysitting for 2 friends this week and am looking forward to it.
It is strange to me that it feels almost normal not having Jeremy here. I’m not saying that I like it - quite the opposite! I never thought after 9 years of talking almost every day that I would be okay with talking once or twice a week (sometimes more and boy do I love those weeks!). I hold on to the fact that we are a Team and we are and will stick together!
I truly can’t believe how fast the last year has gone. I also feel like the deployment is moving along at a good pace. A year ago, Connor was “Pedro” and we had no idea what joy life would hold for us. Who knows what next year with Jeremy home will bring...
Enjoy the photos! The website I use to blog has been updated, so there was a learning curve this month. I am excited that moving forward it should be easier!
 |
| The Birthday Boy! March 19, 2011. He LOVES balloons!!! |
 |
| The Young Family together to celebrate Connor's 1st Birthday! |
 |
| Connor met his cousins Samuel, Anna & Chloe (his Aunt Ellen is also in the photo). It was wonderful to have them visiting for the week of Connor's birthday! We had a wonderful time with them. We went back to Disney (note: Connor is not really a fan of some amusement park rides or fire works...no crying, just clinging on for dear life!). |
 |
| Happy 1st Birthday to our sweet, fun-loving, precious boy. May God bless your next year and give you many, many more years ahead with us! You are the greatest gift God has given us! We love you! Mama & Dada |
 |
| Not too sure what to do with the cake, so he shared it with me! So sweet! |
 |
| Figured out cake eating is a very good thing! |
 |
| My brother Phil and his family were here. We went to visit our grandparents. You could say that there were 4 generations here (my dad was represented by his brother Charlie). These are just 4 of their 11(?)Great Grandchildren! |
 |
| Auntie SharShar visited during spring break. Connor loved waking up and having someone at the house. She's very funny (by both adult & children standards!). Come back Sharon...we miss you! |
 |
| Beach Baby! He just loved being at the beach - takes after his Mama! |
 |
| We had a wonderful visit from Sean & Anne and their 3 girls: Samantha, Alexandra & Maddie Grace! Connor had a great time playing with other kids at the house, at Disney, at Sea World and of course at the beach! |
 |
| Eating meals is in no way messy...Right... |
 |
| My nephew, niece & I made a bunch of cookies to send to "Uncle Jeremy". |
 |
| Pool time. This is where Connor was when he actually turned 1yr old! |
 |
| Connor's first trip to Disney. He has already been back! |
 |
| Thanks to Sean & Anne, Connor got to meet Pooh Bear. He loved him (loves the stuffed animal at home as well)...that is until he moved - scared Connor! |
 |
| This is Connor's funny face. I can now get him to make the face on command. It cracks me up and I'm telling you that I don't think he'll ever make a face to top it! I LOVE when he makes this face! |
 |
| Hanging out with his buddy Garrison. They are learning how to play nice (usually they just take toys from each other). |
 |
| Connor is too funny. He crawls into pretty much anything he can get into - case in point! |
 |
| Beach time with Mama! He loved the beach. I can't wait to take him back! |
 |
| Getting love from Grand Memere! |
 |
| Connor puts phones up to his ears all the time. He has 2 cell phones and a "land line", but he's always trying to get ahold of the actual phone (he did here). I'm waiting for the accidental 9-1-1 call... |
 |
| I put ear plugs in to wash his hair. He decided to put a matching chew toy in his mouth. I had to take a picture! |
 |
| Thank you Uncle Phil for the sand & for setting up my sand box! Connor LOVES it!!! |
 |
| He has a very sandy mouth - apparently sand IS edible! |
 |
| We watched a shuttle launch & then ran outside to see it. |
 |
| Maybe I will be able to sit back & eat bonbons...sweep away Connor (or should I say keep pushing that dirt around). |
 |
| We saw our good friends Demian & Trish in Orlando. It has been medicine for my soul to see so many friends and family this month! We had so much fun. Demian got to see Connor "practice" his floating when he slipped in the wading pool. |
 |
| Thankful for friends! Jimmy took his son Daniel & Connor and washed my car. |
 |
| Quiet reading time. I find that Connor really enjoys sitting and reading his books. My only problem is that he also enjoys chewing on them... |
 |
Jeremy & I are so in love with this boy! Connor amazes us every day. We look forward to each new tomorrow! Our beautiful baby is now a big boy. He is a sweet, loving and VERY BUSY boy!
|
We hope this blog finds you all well. It won't be long before I blog for April. Thanks for your continued love, prayers & support for our family. Let me know if you would like Jeremy's address...letters from home are sometimes better than a care package! Love, Grace
No comments:
Post a Comment