There's just NO WAY that Connor will be 1 year next month. I won't believe it - it's just not true! Connor is the joy of our lives! Not a day goes by that Jeremy & I aren't thankful for this special little boy.
I still get stopped by people everywhere we go so they can tell me what a beautiful and happy boy I have! He is a beautiful person - he has the best personality & temperament! It is a blessing to be his parents. We get a balloon at the grocery store (free) when we go so he “hits the balloon” or plays with it while I shop - this is the best thing ever! He is nearly running at this point...I have to hunt him down often - he also thinks that when I call his name it's a great game if he runs the other way!
Connor is ALL BOY! Hands dirty whenever possible. He feeds himself often (esp at night when I give him chicken or turkey meatballs that I made for him)...meal times are NEVER clean! We walk together to the mailbox (a family "tradition") and he enjoys picking up leaves, acorns, rocks etc. It takes about 30min to go to the end of the street and back! Sometimes he stops by a neighbor's house & dances if Mr.Albert has his garage open & the music playing.
Connor waves, high fives, blows kisses. He says "at" for cat and "naanaa" for banana "du" for duck "doa" for dog. He signs when he's hungry or when he's finished eating (which is AWESOME because we don't have the food flying everywhere like we used to). He is getting his 8th tooth!
Day by day Connor grows & changes. He LOVES his Dada and enjoys kissing the computer when talking to his dad on skype. I want to thank all the men in our lives that have spent time with Connor recently - Jeremy & I really appreciate it!
We have had fairly good communication with Jeremy. I would say most days we are able to talk to him (sometimes for a few minutes and sometimes longer). We pay for Jeremy to have his own internet access, but that doesn't mean that it is GOOD internet! It sounds to me like it's one big Ground Hog Day over there, but small victories are victories none the less! We know that God chose Jeremy for this and will sustain him! Jeremy has met some higher ups in the Navy. He was annoyed that I wasn't excited about this...I thought it more special that he has gotten them to pose in a picture with him & a GI Joe for a book he's making for Connor. Did you know that Jeremy & his 2 roommates all have a son named Connor?! Jeremy somehow managed to send us flowers for Valentine’s Day - it made my day!
Life here has been a bit quite this month, but I'm grateful for that, especially since Connor's been fighting another ear infection. March is crazy. I have started referring to March at our house as March Madness! We have A LOT of company & things going on here...we are excited & looking forward to it!
On another note, I did something unusual...I registered for Connor for his birthday. PLEASE DO NOT FEEL OBLIGATED TO GET HIM ANYTHING! Connor is a very blessed little boy - I registered so that those who were interested could see things that I was thinking of purchasing for Connor in the near future. He is registered at Target.com. If you see an item elsewhere cheaper - feel free to purchase it as I can exchange duplicate gifts for something else. I am also looking to obtain these BOARD books (new or used): Peek-A-Who By Nina Laden, My Big Animal Book/My Big Truck Book/Big Board Books Colors,ABC,Numbers by Roger Priddy, The Poky Little Puppy by Janette Sebring Lowrey.
We pray this finds you all well. Please keep us in your prayers & email me if you are interested in Jeremy's mailing address. Well, Connor is awake which ends my blogging time! I will be posting again after his birthday (March 19th!)!
Not as many pictures. I’ve been enjoying my time with Connor & often the camera isn’t near me when I need it!
Our Valentine's Day Flowers!
Mad Scientist Hair!
My Dada gave me a love for books (Mama too). I "read" all the time - and then I chew on them!
I like to carry around things - it doesn't matter if they are half my size!
The Green Zone (lock down) when Mama's got stuff to do...
Camo diaper - can't see me! I'm usually a happy guy!
My 7th tooth arrived this month and I'm proud to show it off...now if only I would SIT in the tub!!!
That would make life too easy for Mama!!! ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment