Monday, December 20, 2010

9months old - The Young Family Christmas

So many things have happened in the past few weeks! Connor & I flew to Ca to see Auntie Jess, Uncle Dan, Nana & Uncle Trev. We went to Pismo Beach...it was very cold, but beautiful to see the mountians "coming out of the ocean". Jeremy paid us a surprise visit - the best part of Thanksgiving! Our visit to Ca was wonderful. We went to the aquarium, the 17 mile drive and stopped by the house Grandpa & Great Auntie K lived in. Jess, Dan, Trev, Jeremy & I took a horse back ride on the beach while Nana watched Connor. I love riding horses! It was nice to get out and explor! Connor started sweet potatoes! The following week Jeremy came home before his big trip. I will pass along contact info for him when I have it. Our church group came to our house and we had Christmas dinner. Jeremy got to go golfing once. We enjoyed some family time together and had our Christmas day together! We also took some family portrates (thanks Ande) which I LOVE and am so happy to have. Connor had his 9mo appointment. He weighs 19lbs 1oz and is 29inches long. He stands up and took a step to his dad 1 week before he turned 9mo. Now he takes 1 step often...he really wants to be walking! He waves, claps and I have witnesses who will tell you that he said "night" last evening twice when I was telling him to say "night-night" before bed! My mom arrived this past week to help me pack up for our trip north. We went to see Santa and visited another Zoo (a theme in Connor's life?). Connor did not like the merry-go-round, but does like trains. Connor & I went to visit our friends from the east coast of Florida. We finally met little Charlie (such a sweet baby). C & I flew north with my mom and it has snowed 2 out of 3 days so far...and I AM LOVING IT!!! I will see my back doctor and eye doctor along with a few friends and some family. I was just re-reading the blog before I posted it and I have to say that I am very blessed by God. Blessed that He has provided me grace (no pun intended) for this time in our lives. I realized that I wrote of all our joys and how much I love things ~ not dwelling on the negative or unhappy moments, but on the gifts I have received. A good thought for this time of year when we remember that God gave His son out of love for us. May we all remember our blessings. Also, remember those that are protecting our freedoms (a huge gift we have been given). I won't post again for a few weeks, so we wanted to wish you all a Blessed and Safe Christmas and for ourselves a very Quick New Year! Love to you all ~ The Youngs Taking a family walk Our boy is getting so big The happy family This little boy really loves his "Dada" The sweetest picture I've ever seen "Toss The Baby" The best transportation according to Connor So happy to be together Snuggle time with Dad I couldn't pick just one picture of our family Our monkey at the Zoo He wasn't too keen on being with Santa once he looked at him The train ride at the Zoo The merry-go-round that I had to ask to be stopped Visiting little Charlie (Kacy & Lawrence) Our traditional "good-bye" picture Connor & Dada playing in the "Green Zone" First Thanksgiving (thanks for the bib Nana) Hanging with Dad in Pismo At the aquarium - My Pearl! With Nana & Aunt Jessica on the 17mile drive Found the toilet paper at Uncle Dan's parent's house Our church friends at Christmas dinner West coast (Connor didn't mind the cold ocean water) The coast & mountians C wants to feed himself...messy boy! Christmas picture. Baby's First Christmas, New Mom 2010 & Army Fatigues

2 comments:

Christine Fontaine said...

LOVE the pictures! Jeremy is a natural now! :)

Miss you guys tons! And the Life group! See some new faces too, that's awesome! ;)

Love you! Call me when you get some time, would love to catch up!!!

Tracytma said...

What a GREAT blog! Loved seeing your photos and so glad you had the surprise visit. You all look so happy and fantastic! Connor is growing so big and I also love the photo of jay and Connor!

Look forward too all the blogs. Stay safe, love and Happy New Year to you all! xoxoox