Thursday, October 21, 2010

It's Been Weeks Since You've Been Gone...

I will start this long overdue blog by saying: our baby boy is over 7 months old! He is 18lbs8oz and is ON THE MOVE!!! When I say that, I'm not kidding. He pulls up to standing on ANYTHING and EVERYTHING and has finally mastered the squat/return to sitting maneuver (thankfully he isn't falling anymore). He often "crabs" at me...just rants & raves about who knows what...all I know is that he's not happy about something!

We got to visit Jeremy for a long weekend in Louisiana which was WONDERFUL! Every time Connor woke up and saw Jeremy there, the biggest smile crossed his face! Connor is breaking in his 5th & 6th teeth (will have 4 up top and 2 on the bottom). He is still the best little baby, only now he's a big boy!

Obviously our lives have been a bit crazy lately. It's been 5weeks that we've been on our own. We are doing well all things considered. Keeping very busy...too busy...I ended up with a nasty cold that gave me laryngitis (good for Connor, bad for me). Our friends here have been such a blessing (watching C for me when I need it, bringing me food, grocery shopping while I've been sick, rides to the airport and just in general being good friends).

I can't really express how I'm feeling...there are too many feelings. I will say that I don’t need to hear “Jeremy will come home safe” (I already know that) or “it could be worse” (yes, yes it could, but right now it’s bad enough) or”at least Connor’s a baby” (some days this is harder). I won't lie: it’s hard. Some days it is a challenge to get anything done (with such a busy boy that WON'T nap). Our motto is: Keep Moving Forward! I will say that I'm happy (truly) & Jeremy is doing well and enjoying his training!

We are believing that God’s word is true and Psalm 91 is for us! Look it up (google it if you don’t have a Bible). It’s a very powerful promise!

I will try to fill you in on the past 5weeks using photos (in no particular order).

We pray you all are well and that these blogs will remind you to pray not just for us, but for all the troops serving to protect our freedom! Love to you all!

Not what I'd call a relaxing bath

At the local pumpkin patch
He was more amused by the dirt than the pumpkins Too brave for his own good (or at least mine)
He accidentally discovered he could open the doors...time to Connor-proof! The Family on the little train at the Zoo in Louisiana Mama & Connor...oh, and a white tiger Dada & Connor with a Brazilian condor Our little zoologist At the plantation. We learned A LOT here! Safe Start swim lessons. Great for safety, but had Connor at the pediatrician on his 7mo birthday with an ear infection. Floating on my own! A bit of a trouble maker??? Wrestling with Dada & loving every minute of it! Can you see my 2 top teeth? The other 2 are coming in now At the airport...Time to say goodbye Trying pears. I now eat: avocado, acorn squash, pears, peas & banana Finally: the whole king bed to myself! Time with Dada In the play area at the mall in Louisiana - exploring I like swinging Standing in my crib Helping Mama with the laundry. What? The wet laundry goes IN the dryer? I'm so silly Shirt says: When God Made Me He Was Showing Off (my parents certainly think so) Ummm...Mama...Take a hint, I want to get in that pool

No comments: