Today is Memorial Day. We should more frequently celebrate the men and women who have sacrificed & who continue to sacrifice. Remember it is the personal sacrifice of the soldier for the direct benefit of the citizens. Soldiers do this with no agenda, and for no personal gain. I'd like to think that some of us remember them & pray for them often! This year, it hits home even more...we were recently notified that Jeremy is being deployed to Afghanistan. We don't have any details right now, but will keep you posted as information is provided. Of course we are "sad" that our family unit won't be intact during this exciting time in Connor's life, but we are PROUD...proud to serve, proud to be a part of the legacy that is freedom for our country. We are still digesting the news and are starting to put plans in place for his year long deployment (Connor & I will stay living in Florida). Your prayers are appreciated - but please pray for ALL the troops! God has requested this of us, He will help us remain "Team Young"!
Excitingly, this weekend was "our holiday"...We celebrated our 6th anniversary with the best gift God could have given us (Connor). We traded in our 2 cars and bought a used family car in their place. It was a nice FAMILY weekend...a lot of relaxing, walking, chores & mindless tasks - I LOVE weekends like these!
Connor news: he rolls from his belly to his back ALL THE TIME...he also scoots himself and rotates 90 degrees. He is trying to stand and I feel like it will be tomorrow that he will be crawling & walking (of course I hope this is not true). He laughs...and those smiles keep coming! He is such a flirt and if there's anyone paying him any attention, he makes it worth their while. CONNOR FOUND HIS THUMB! This has led to much happier nap times (see below). Have I ever told you all that we LOVE our boy!?!?!
Life is so exhausting!
I am the happiest little boy!
The shirt says it all...
1 comment:
I can't get over how cute Connor is! I love the new pictures and the video. You & Jeremy are doing a great job raising this little cutie pie!
The news of Jeremy's deployment caught me off guard. I hope we can talk one of these days (before I see you in a few weeks)!
Lots of love & prayers. ~H~
Post a Comment