Monday, May 10, 2010

3 Weeks Is A Long Time...

So, it's been 3 weeks since I last blogged. What I can say is that we've been really busy, I can't say with what. I feel like the days fly by & I have no idea what we did...with the exception of feeding/changing/laundry.

Week 4 of Connor's life, we flew to NH. He slept the whole flight! What an awesome little dude. I stayed with my friends Lynne & Chris overnight after we went to Karen's wedding...Connor was my date as Papa had Navy that weekend. The rest of the weekend was time for my family to meet Connor. I can say this little guy is very loved by ALL our family & friends! This winter I was upset & complained all winter that this would be the first year I wouldn’t see snow...it snowed on April 16th! I had to laugh & thank God for that little gift as it really meant a lot to me! Jeremy flew in late that Sunday night & the "family" was re-united! We had appointments, family trips & Connor met Jeremy's family as well (Connor's great-grandfather is almost 90 years old). We also got to see some friends while we were in NH (great seeing you all!). It was an exhausting trip, but we are glad we did it! We ran into our good friend Capt Matt Norman at the airport (Connor Matthew is named after him)...how funny to see him there...God’s perfect timing (as the flights were delayed & made the meeting possible).

Week 5 with Connor: SLEEP...a lot of SLEEP. I may have been more exhausted from the trip than even Connor. We did not entertain phone calls, computer or friends...we tried to sleep whenever possible! Of course sleep comes difficult when you are staring at a beautiful baby boy who is smiling at me!!!

Week 6: My brother Tim & his wife Miriam came to visit! We drove to the Tampa area so Connor could meet his great grandparents. It was a great visit (my Uncle & his wife were there as well). Of course we always eat well when Memere cooks! This week brought my 6wk check-up ~ I am doing quite well! Connor weighs 13lbs at 6wks!

Connor is now 7weeks 3days. I had to include a picture of Connor enjoying a shower (in bathing suits) and of him getting his first osteopathic treatment. I had my first Mother's Day (spent the day after church just sitting around with J & Connor...we walked a mile as well). I am a happy wife & mother - blessed to have such a great baby that rarely cries and a supportive husband!

I will try to blog weekly again now that life has "settled down". I hope you all enjoy the MILLION pictures of our Connor! They are in no particular order. I will try to send out the individual photos to family/friends soon. Love, Team Young Three...

Sleeping in his crib Sporting Papa's sunglasses Watching Fox News with Mama, Papa, Uncle Tim & Aunt Miriam He loves the shower! This is after a swim in the pool, but my bathing suit is not visible (but being worn)! My dad's parents - Connor's Great Memere & Pepere (he sat & talked to Memere for a long time, but wanted to stand up when Pepere held him) Flying home - riding with Papa Meeting Matt...Slept through it though This is how I travel-snuggly/comfortable ride (always puts me to sleep) Mama & Papa almost packed me in the suit case - silly! My first osteopathic treatment Vern's dad - Great Gramps Young (Connor laughed & smiled as Gramps dangled his watch as a toy) The 4 generations! Rexford, Vernon, Jeremy & Connor Karen's wedding - beautiful bride, beautiful boy, beautiful Mama My FIRST bath in a bath tub - I really like water! My first snow! Flying to NH with Mama...I slept almost the whole time!

No comments: