Friday, April 2, 2010

2 Weeks Old...Already???

I can't believe Connor is 2 weeks old already! I feel like it's been FOREVER & YESTERDAY all at the same time. He is the snuggliest little boy & rarely does he get put down! He loves to sleep on & with us and has started sleeping 3-4 hour blocks at night (which is just awesome for da Mama!). Jeremy is a great dad! I love to sit and watch them interacting. Connor had his first shower this week with dad...Connor LOVED it and nearly fell asleep in the shower! He is very smily and often smiles at us when we talk to him...I finally caught him on camera! Isn't my boy beautiful? I LOVE being a mom...of course the exhaustion is just that, but looking at his face makes the lack of sleep so worth it. Connor met a lot of my family via Skype this week...my dad said he was cute even when crying! Incase you were wondering: he has the hiccups all the time, just like when he was inside me!I ventured out on my own Tues for about 2 hours while the boys had "Man Time". It was weird...I felt like I should have been home incase he needed me, but he was just fine with Papa.On Thurs, Connor & I ventured off to see Papa at work (he worked two 12-hour shifts in a row & was missing his boy). The girls at work were happy to see me & even happier to see our boy! It was fun to show him off. It was an exhausting day though!
Last night I picked up Nana (Jeremy's mom) at the airport. She peeked in on Connor (sleeping) and got to meet him this morning. Did I say I'm shocked he's already 2 weeks old and that I LOVE him?! We went shopping with Nana for a suit for the wedding we are attending in 2 weeks...he's gonna be so cute...wait for the pictures! When Papa got home from work, we went for a family walk (1.5mi) as it was sunny & warm today...maybe I over did it a little bit, but I am feeling pretty good (almost dropped all of my pregnancy weight & am back in my "normal" clothes)...before you hate, remember all the sick pregnancy blogs!
Our son really only cries when he's naked or wants to eat...he's such a good baby!
This weekend is Easter...what a different meaning it has this year now that we are parents. We are thankful of Jesus' sacrifice...we are grateful to be alive & healthy...We are blessed!
Love to you all...thank you for all the shipments, cards etc...I will write "Thank You" cards soon (as soon as I can bare to put down my beautiful boy).
The winners of the baby poll:
My brother Phil had the correct date & gender
My brother John was closest with weight guessing 8lbs 10oz (Connor was 8lbs 13oz)
Uncle Bob guessed dimples
Steffi guessed the middle name Matthew (maybe b/c of her husband)
Aunt Bev & The Ketchens guessed closest length at 21" and 20" respectively (Connor was 20.5")
The Ketchens were closest on time guessing 7pm (Connor was born at 5:54pm)
Photos:
1) Cooing
2) Connor helping folding 4 loads of laundry...can you find me?
3) Sleeping like a baby
4) Mom caught me smiling! I've got her dimples

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing Grace! He is so adorable and has changed his look in such a short time. Continue to enjoy your family time! Again...so adorable!