Our precious baby Connor was born on Friday 3/19 at 5:54pm (after almost 15hours of labor). He was 20.5in long, 14in head, 14.5in chest & weighed 8lbs 13oz.


He is so beautiful, we can't stop staring at him...hence the delay in blogging his birth. He came out looking around at the world-it was the most beautiful moment in our marriage. Jeremy helped deliver Connor and whispered in my ear that "we have a boy"! I could cry thinking of it. Jeremy's been a huge help, changing

diapers, burping. He dotes on this little boy who has stolen our hearts.
I will say that bringing him into the world was difficult since he rotated into the wrong position which is what prolonged labor...but so worth it in the end. We are so happy that we chose to birth at Heart2Heart Birthing Center...the mid
wives were great and were so supportive of both Jeremy & I. I was able to deliver completely natural-no drugs! We got to go home Friday night around 10:30 - and we all slept pretty
well that first night. Now, we are on "Connor Time" and I am learning to try to nap during the day with him to make up for lack of sleep during the night.
We are taking time to get to know our son. Jeremy & I can't stop kissing him, holding him, loving him. Connor has a great temperament! He only cries when we change him or he's hungry. He spends his awake time very alert & looking around. He also looks for dad when Jeremy starts talking. I love watching Jeremy & Connor bond!

I will try to blog more soon, but wanted to get some photos out for you all to see. We love you all & thank you for all your prayers & support over the last 9+ months!

3 comments:
Hurrah!!! A huge congrats! I'm glad you liked the midwife experience as well.
Happy bonding!
Oh Grace and Jeremy, I got all teary reading that. Thank you for sharing the story of your greatest realization as a couple with us. Birth IS such a beautiful miracle to behold. Live in that miracle for awhile. Hold on and enjoy the ride. God bless your beautiful new family guys. 0-:D We cant wait to meet Connor!!! (but we will ) dont worry- no one respects a need for sleep more Gracie- no one! <3 Martha
Congrats to you, Jeremy, and the newest Young addition! He is beautiful! I am so excited for you! You will have a gift coming as soon as I finish it, knowing now that he is a boy!!! So excited for all 3 of you!!!
Post a Comment