This past weekend, we went to Naples for a little get-away before Pedro arrives.
We stopped in Valrico to visit my grandparents. They were really excited to see us & see my big belly! Memere fed us lunch (thank you) and Pepere & Jeremy talked golf. We had a great time catching up with them!
Off to Naples! Our room had an ocean view (I am on our private balcony). We had a great time, but it was cold (50's) and windy the entire time.Jeremy & I took a nice walk on the beach...we kept saying things like "next time we're here, we'll have the baby with us".
We cut our trip a day short because it was cold & I wasn't sleeping well...I missed my Tempur-Pedic!
As seen in the photo...one tired mama settled into my favorite spot at the hotel lobby bar.
Pedro really liked the live piano music!
Steffi got to feel Pedro having the hiccups! Thanks for some great laughs Normans and a little reminder of "home"!
Thanks again to all my friends who have lent me pregnancy clothing!
Photo at 36 weeks pregnant. Yup, the basket ball is turning into a watermelon (maybe because I'm eating so much watermelon). The appetite isn't much better. I am able to eat more of a variety of foods, but it sits for HOURS due to Pedro taking up all the space where my stomach used to be!
Just tonight at the grocery store a young girl cashier asked me when I was due & then proceeded to tell me that I was "huge"! Maybe not the best choice of words to tell a woman at the end of her pregnancy! The girl was sweet though & very excited...I let it slide...this time...

Monday, our friend Christine from church came over. She & Jeremy cleaned the whole house (including bed linen & laundry). They had me delegating (although I really would have rather been helping). Having the house clean is GREAT...AWESOME...such a blessing! The nursery is mostly completed (I'll send photos soon).
The problem with Monday: I started contracting around 4pm. The contractions were every 3-8 minutes. They got closer & stronger as time went by despite my efforts to stop them (the advice from the midwife wasn't curing me either).
Off we went to the midwife office to get evaluated. Christine was again such a blessing & packed our bag for us and came to keep us company.
In the photo I am being monitored for contractions & the baby's heart beat. I was in preterm labor. The baby looked great on the monitor & was awake & moving like crazy for over 5 hours! I had to get 3 shots of Terbutaline to get the contractions to slow down. I was sent home on modified bed rest (no work or heavy chores) and on the pill form of the medicine for 3 days. Terbutaline is an awful drug! It makes you shake, your heart race & causes exhaustion (although I can't sleep to save my life). The baby seems to be doing great (which is of most importance to me). I feel terrible & can't wait to stop taking this medicine Friday. I am so thankful that Jeremy & Christine cleaned the house - it has kept me relaxed over the past 2 days! we can't wait to meet this little one, but just didn't want to meet him/her this week.
Your prayers are always appreciated! We'll keep you posted on any new developments...all quite on the Eastern front for now...
Love, The Youngs
No comments:
Post a Comment