Wednesday, January 20, 2010

8 Weeks To Go & A Golfing Trip

This weekend, Jeremy's dad, step-mom & 2 brothers were in town & spent the weekend golfing. Golfing is one of Jeremy's favorite things to do (he was on a golf team in high school).
We went out with the family on Sunday to play golf near our house. I love this picture of us in the golf cart...pretty soon, we'll need to bring a car seat! It was a great day as I felt good...I'm back to my "normal" pregnancy feeling, but was grateful God gave me a day of feeling good!
I had to golf...just a little bit. I had taken all those lessons after-all! It's a whole different ball game when you have a belly in the way. I did tee off every hole because the club is long and I could swing 'around' the belly! I got in the groove by the end of the day & was hitting my 3 wood about 150 yards straight (not my normal 180 yards, but pretty good considering!). I LOVE hitting out of sand traps...I don't know why, but I just LOVE it! Earlier in the day, I thought that I had hit into a sand trap but I had not. Jeremy threw my ball in so that I could hit out of a sand trap. The next hole I legitimately hit into & then out of a sand trap (see picture). I was quite the happy camper! Glad to have my $8 Walmart polo so that I could play golf with the family.
I am 32weeks 4days pregnant today! This picture was at 32weeks. This past week, the baby had hiccups. It was such a funny feeling. I haven't had any real pregnancy cravings. In the last 2 weeks, I can't get enough watermelon...weird, but true. I'm happy that I'm craving fresh fruit! So, the nursery still isn't done. We're getting closer, but the bathroom became our priority. We do have the car seat, the stroller, a swing, some clothing & a crib. I think that's about all the baby will need immediately after birth...with the exception of diapers of course! This baby is such a mover! I love to sit on the sofa & watch one side of my belly rise & fall with the baby's movements. I can't wait to see WHAT this baby is and get to know the baby. We found a pediatrician this past week, so I'm feeling pretty ready for the baby's arrival. The girls at work are throwing me a baby shower - which is really sweet of them. I have cut back to 3days/week at work & may cut back to 2days before the baby comes. We are doing well-getting really excited. Jeremy will be taking a week off once the baby is born. He told me that the first week we are home, he is planning to change diapers & bring the baby into another room so I can rest (since I will be doing all the feeding). It's exciting to plan on become a family...team work is our goal...hence Team Young. We will keep you posted on any happenings! Love to all!

No comments: