The second stop: LazyBoy. As we pulled in, I yelled "Jeremy, there's a kitten on top of the drain". The drain is next to a very busy 4 lane road. Of course poor Jeremy knew what my comment meant-go get the kitten before it gets killed. I used my Coach purse to corner the kitten & Jeremy plucked him from certain death. A very noble Kitty-Knight! (Jeremy & I co-wrote this blog incase you couldn't already tell). We called the cat rescue organization that helped us get Kamie, and they told us they could take the kitten on Thursday. But what to do until then.....? I ran to the grocery store to get some food and milk!
When I returned home Jeremy told me all about his professional opinion. We are pretty sure its a "he", the kitten that is. His fur is very thin, probably due to malnutrition, and he's got fleas, yuck. He is skin & bones-literally starving to death (he pooped twigs-poor little guy).
We fed him, and then we fed him again, and then again! He was very hungry! After we watched some football I decided the little kitten needed a bath. During the bath Jeremy named him Toby! After the bath we weighed him, a skinny 1.2 lbs. Our baby Pedro is just about 1 lb! So the race is on! While the baby is about 21 weeks, the kitten we figure is 6-8 weeks.
God gave both Jeremy & I love for animals. This little guy is growing on me though & I may have to be coaxed to give him away.
On the baby front, another photo of baby Young aka Pedro with his hands up under it's right eye and next to the nose. The 4D ultrasound is of good quality, but what you can't see is that even the fingers are formed & individual.
The baby moved nearly the whole sermon today at church. Our little one likes church!
So much for our lazy Sunday, but really would we have had it any other way??? Probably not!

1 comment:
Are you keeping Toby or did you bring him to the shelter? He is so cute!
Also, keep the baby pictures coming. They are awesome and helps me see what Chris and I have to look forward at our visits. :) I am so happy that we are both pregnant at the same time. Too bad we don't live next to each other anymore.
Miss you!
Post a Comment