Friday, November 13, 2009

Fun Weekend Turns Flu Season

This past weekend, we were in New Hampshire. We took the subway into Boston to have lunch with Jeremy's family to celebrate Barbara's birthday. It was a great afternoon! Then back to NH. We stayed with my family. After dinner Saturday night I rounded the family together for a game of Scattergories. What a great time! Everyone played (8 people). The teams played well together and I'm still talking about the fun had that Saturday night.
Sunday, Jeremy went to the Patriots game with our Best Man Brett and our Best Neighbor Chris (not pictured). They had a great time tailgating and just being guys at a football game. Of course it helped that the Patriots won! What didn't help is that I forgot to pack Jeremy's Patriots jersey.
Sunday night was Dad's hockey game (he scored!). Deb & I were the cheerleaders and had a great time together. Deb made us a homemade pumpkin pie...mmmmm...
Monday we went to see my osteopathic doctor. He provides a treatment called "Strain/Counter Strain". It has given me pain relief for my back & I've been doing great (back wise) during the pregnancy.
Our friends The Grovers picked us up and we went to lunch & then hung out with them & The Corneli on the porch before going to the airport. I laughed & joked about what people must think driving by during a work day seeing 6 adults "hanging out" (it was a day off/after work for all of us). We loved being able to see some friends & little Brogan is so big now (seen in an earlier blog...8mo now and a little joy!).
That afternoon, I started coughing. Tuesday I got up to go to work and just couldn't...by the end of Tuesday, I had slept 18/24h. Something was wrong. I got evaluated Wed am...I have the flu. Being pregnant has been a bit rough for me, but add in the flu and I feel fried....toast....done. I think this kid & I (J too) have been through 'the ringer' this pregnancy. I had to revisit the doctor today as the coughing has been causing some contractions. The baby is doing great though! This "drug free" pregnancy I wanted is out the window. I am now taking meds I wouldn't have taken un-pregnant. I know that God is caring for the baby and of that I'm sure (it gives me peace). My fever has broken, but I'm sore (esp the ribs). You've got to love my new look!
Please keep the 3 Youngs in your prayers! We're rounding the bend & looking forward to a healthy, happy rest of the pregnancy.
Sorry if I've been slow to reply to email/phone...now you know my excuse is slightly legit! I will say the new kitten is a welcome distraction at this point (no decision on him yet).
New this week: Jeremy was able to see my belly move when the baby kicked...more than once! The baby likes the blog (I'm getting kicked as I write this)...Love To You All...

No comments: