Sunday, September 27, 2009

Busy Weekends In September - #2

This weekend really started for us on Wed Sept 16th. We got to hear the baby's heartbeat again. Although I don't feel the baby moving yet, we heard the baby move while listening to the heartbeat and that was pretty cool! Everything is status quo on the baby front.
The 17th we flew up to NH. I got a haircut and then we were off to see my family. My 11-year-old sister Suz was so excited about the baby, but everything was 'grossing her out' while we were there...a phase I guess. We had a great time catching up with the family and Jeremy
enjoyed having a home cooked dinner for a change! My mom said I have a little baby bump, but I'm not so sure...I might be in denial though. We got our first baby gift from my family - a cute little hat. The weather was gorgeous! I told Jeremy he might be going home alone...ah, that crisp New England fall air! The leaves have started changing...thanks dad for lighting the wood stove!
The purpose of our trip was for our good friend
Matt's Naval promotion to Capt. We stayed on the Navy base,
which is always a nice place to stay. We had eye exams (thanks
Matt for coming to the office for us Floridians!) - yes Matt is our eye doctor as well! We really enjoyed our weekend with Matt &
Steffi who took us to lunch, hosted us for a evening BBQ and of course the post promotion celebration. It was a lovely weekend. We got to see a lot of "old friends". It feels like forever, but
it had only been about 9 months since we saw them last.
Photos Left to Right:
#1: Me, Jeremy.
#2: CDR Pete McHugh, CAPT Matt Norman, Lt Jeremy Young.
#3: CAPT Patricia Hagan, Jeremy again, CAPT Rhonda Jablonski.
True Young fashion, Jeremy & I forgot to pack his Navy cover. He had to borrow one from a friend and all I can say is that I got quite a few good laughs out of the ordeal. The cover was way too big for Jeremy and he looked like a little boy playing dress up. I cannot blog this picture for fear of never being forgiven! It was
priceless though...
On the way to the airport, we saw Kerrie, Peter & the kids on our way out of town (thanks for the baby gifts). Julianna (6yo) wanted to know if the baby in Auntie's belly could her her...kids say the cutest things! Her kids also yell out "Auntie Gracie's plane" when they see a Southwest plane & "Uncle J's plane" whenever the plane is white. Too cute! We flew home, did laundry and started back into a work week...busy enough? We think so! Thanks Joey & Martha for watching the cats & cleaning our house...it is still being appreciated!

No comments: