Monday, April 6, 2009

"Gracie Golf"

What is "Gracie Golf"...a little fun, a little frustration!
I love my husband. Many women do. Do they learn golf...no! I'll tell you why...because now that I can play golf, Jeremy wants to go all the time!
So the story goes...
I am not working right now and to get out of the house & to spend time with Jeremy, I've taken up golf lessons. I'm actually doing really well...or so my instructor says. Because of my back, he has been teaching me "the perfect swing". You use your hips instead of twisting your body. Now I can't say that I'm good or anything, but I'm learning...and truly I am enjoying it (I'm not 'hooked' yet).
Our friend Demian was down on business from NH (don't have the pic yet to prove it). We met up with him at his hotel...and of course one thing lead to another & Jeremy had me on Shingle Creek Golf Course for my first outing. Driving a golf cart is fun! Messing up and having your ball end up on the golf cart path is not. I only lost 1 ball to the water...of course I did skip a few holes! I was also surprised that they let me play in shorts (as we hadn't planned on this outing)!
I did enjoy myself and only had 1 'Happy Gilmore' moment - sorry golf guys!
So here is the video...Even though when Jeremy took this picture I seriously hit my 3 wood (whatever that means) 180-190 yards, it's still a little embarrassing for me, but Jeremy's so proud!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have a great swing! I don't know anything about golf, but if you can hit it at all I think that's a great start :) Love the face you make afterwards too with your thumbs up :) Hope things are well with you & Jeremy. Have a nice Easter Vacation/Trip!
~Heather~