Monday, April 6, 2009

Cat-Tastrophe or Double-Trouble?

As you may or may not know, Jeremy & I have been fostering a cat that we adopted this week. The poor thing has been living in a cage her whole life (approx 5yrs) and arrived on our door-step with feline eye herpes.  Our little Kamie is doing better physically now, but there are always bigger & better things! And where to start...
1)She is so cute. She chases her tail, wants to be where we are at all times & plays fetch...no I'm not lying or hallucinating!
2)She's new to the litter box routine...if you know what I mean.
3)Mallie is NOT thrilled to have another woman in the house-a work in progress & better every day, but they aren't friends yet.
So you can see the "double-trouble" part of my title...now on to "catastrophe".
So as Kamie is getting better, Jeremy found a lump on our beloved Mallie. The vet was sure it was cancer (it was not, but had to be removed as the mass was killing the tissue surrounding it). It's been quite a hectic few months and I think I saw the vet every week during that time! Things are just starting to settle down now. Here's hoping we won't be seeing the vet for a while! This is Mallie post-op during bath time...by-the-way, my new carpet has been "christened" many times after surgery...thanks Mal... 
"A Righteous Man Has Regard For His Beast" -The Bible

1 comment:

Heather said...

Sure, NOW it lets me leave a comment! ha :)

Geesh, it sounds like you've had your hands full with those kitties of yours. They're both so cute and very lucky to have you & Jeremy as owners! Keep up the great work.