Friday, August 28, 2009

Company & Birthdays

Over the past 2 weeks, we enjoyed the company of our very good Navy friends the McHughs from Maine. Pete will return from his 2 year deployment to Germany next month, so Patty decided to take the boys on a road trip. Patty, Peter & Billy were here on-and-off over the last two weeks. We really enjoyed having New Englanders in town and got to show them our new turf. The boys are 10 & 8 and they just enjoyed our pool...period.
While they were here, we celebrated Jeremy's 31st birthday. We had a nice little party for him which included hermit crab racing (not our new pets). It has left me wondering...when do birthdays change? When we are little, birthdays are so exciting and we get things we WANT. When did it change? When did it become "yikes I'm a year older" and "great, socks and pens for my birthday"? Of course Jeremy will never complain, but it did leave me wondering.
We have been really busy down here. Jeremy still likes his job and works a little over 40 hours every week. I really LOVE my new job and just finished orientation. I start next week working 4 days (8 hours). My shift is 10a-6:30p, so we'll see how that goes. Of course it means I get to avoid the school traffic...and better still, I get to sleep in every day!
Tomorrow I will be attending our friend Wendy's baby shower. On Sunday, we have a luncheon with our small group (a gathering of 5-15 people from church that meets weekly to review the Bible).
We hope everyone is well. We will write again soon. Love to you all!

No comments: