Saturday, May 9, 2009

Only You Can Prevent Forest Fires!

This is the time of year that Florida sees little to no rain.  This week it has been mid 90s every day & the AC is running almost non-stop.
I would now like to take a minute to mention my pet peeve: smokers.  As a nurse I cannot believe how people pollute their bodies (esp other healthcare professionals).  I have found that MOST smokers are inconsiderate...standing up wind of others while smoking and disposing their trash on the ground (usually still lit)...and by-the-way it can take 5 years for it to disintegrate!
This posting is to thank the few smokers who recently threw their butts out of their car windows...Thanks to them, the pictures below are possible.
Of course the hope is that just one person will think twice about disposing their LIT trash.
The rainy season is just around the corner - this means torrential downpours every day between the hours of 3-5pm and lasting about 30minutes.  I LOVE the crazy Florida rain!
Sending a little blessing to all our fire fighter friends...
All for now, but stay tuned as next week's blog will be something to remember (no babies).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh mysterious ... looking forward to the next blog :) When are you free to chat?

~Heather