Saturday, March 31, 2012

The New "Team" - And A Birthday Celebration

I know I have not written in quite some time. A lot has happened since Jeremy came home in November. I am sad to report that one of our team members has quit the Team. Jeremy has been unfaithful to our marriage vows and has chosen to file for divorce. I am unsure of what the future holds, but I know 1 thing is sure: God will provide for Connor & I.


I remain dedicated to providing Connor with safety, security and stability during these confusing times.
I urge you to contact me (preferably via email if in the next 2 weeks) if you have any questions or if you hear something you would like clarified.


I appreciate all the love and support you have all poured out on the 3 of us during the deployment and appreciate knowing that you will be there for us during this stressful time. I have my eyes turned towards God and am looking forward to a bright future. I truly believe that God's plan for us will shine through. Connor & I will remain "TeamYoung" forever!


On that note, I'd like to take a minute to brag about Connor! He was the ring bearer at "Aunt Jessica's Wedding" and was he ever. He walked so slowly as if to urge people to take his picture. A few people asked if they could rent him for their weddings. I was blessed & proud to be Matron of Honor. Jessica was stunning and I am so happy to welcome Dan to the family. It was a wonderful weekend celebration. And for all you out there wondering: I survived the 3" heels without falling (although I almost slipped on some rose petals!).


Connor turned 2 on March 19th! I don't know where the last 2 years have gone. I am so grateful to be his Momma! I jokingly told the pediatrician that Connor turned 2, went deaf & became fearless. Being a mom of a 2 year old is SO different than a 1 year old (at least with a boy!). He is so busy all the time. He had trouble putting up only 2 fingers, so he did 1 finger & the thumb...he can do it either way now.


I love that he now "cooks" me food in his little kitchen. That he enjoys "golfing" and playing "baseball" and "football". He loves trains & tractors. I love watching him grow. I love hearing new words, seeing him do something new for the first time. He never ceases to amaze me. Just the other day I heard the water running in the spare bathroom. I expected to find Connor playing in the water, but instead found him washing his hands. He had gotten on the potty, did a poop and went to wash his hands...as if he does this all the time!


We took a trip up to visit his cousins. What a wonderful time. Connor had so much fun running around with his older cousins and teaching younger Paul that bath time was indeed fun! I enjoyed not worrying about making a meal for 2 weeks. I am blessed to have wonderful siblings and in-laws (both sides!). MaTante Rose was just here visiting. Connor enjoyed having someone around the house to play with. Connor graduated to a forward facing carseat. He didn't seem to care much (typical easygoing Connor). He does yell out "tractor" often and burst into song "backhoe, backhoe digging up the dirt". I love it! He went to his first "musical": Veggie Tales Live and loved it!


On Connor's birthday, I took him to a petting farm. He LOVES goats & sheep and I mean LOVES them! He kept trying to climb back in to their pens. He milked a cow and sat by himself for a pony ride! We met up with Jeremy for ChuckECheese and Ice Cream. Connor had a fun filled day! I enjoyed making Connor's birthday cake again this year. I also ventured out to make his birthday shirt which read: Chugga-Chugga Choo-Choo, Connor's Turning Two-Two! We had a few of his little friends over (9 to be exact). They all got along and had so much fun. I was a little disappointed that Connor didn't want to eat his cake, but that meant nothing really after he saw the cake I made and said, "awesome".


Connor is the love of my life...the funniest little guy I know. I am honored and blessed to be his momma ~ he is the best part of my life! I hope we will get to see all of you sometime soon. Until then, enjoy the smorgasbord of photos. They are in random order and no captions...this busy mom's got to run for now. 































Congratulations Jess & Dan 2/19/2012 

















We're Ready For Summer And A Happy & Blessed Future
Love, Grace & Connor aka TeamYoung

No comments: