We have been so busy since Jeremy's arrival home. A LOT of time spent at playgrounds, in the heated pool, wrestling with dad, Thanksgiving, Christmas...so busy!
One definition of transition is: moving from one stage to another. Buckle up folks, because there is a lot to transition after 14 months apart. Connor is transitioning like a champ! He saw Jeremy and just knew he was his dad...knew it was time to have fun. I've been saying that "Jeremy came home and Connor yelled 'I can be a boy!'." He goes down slides alone, climbs the rock walls, jumps...the list goes on & on. It's amazing how much Connor's changed since Jeremy came home. Apparently Jeremy's food tastes better than Connor's or mine (just ask Jeremy who looses about half of each meal to Connor!).
We took Connor for another round of swim lessons. It's amazing what they can teach the little ones! Besides family swim time, one of my favorite things is our dance parties! We just turn on the music and boogie with Connor. I will try to post a video of our dancing boy.
Connor just ran the Disney 100M Dash today with Jeremy. What a fun bonding experience. It was Connor's third 100M Dash! We enjoyed lunch afterwards and vow to get out to Disney for some family fun soon. As usual, I made his race bib the night before the race.
Jeremy had a goatee maybe 9 or 10 years ago when we just started dating. He hasn't been able to have facial hair due to the Navy. When he came home I encouraged him to grow a beard. 6 weeks later via photo you see the results. He had to shave it for the Navy, so I brought him out to have a REAL shave! I think it was more fun for me than him, but he seemed to enjoy it. What a difference. His beard was an inch long! We brought Connor to witness the transformation so he wouldn't be confused. He looked at Jeremy, turned Jeremy's head to see if there was hair on the other side, then looked at me confused. I asked him where dad's hair went & he shrugged his shoulders and put his hands up as if to say "I don't know". Too funny! Wish I had the video camera running. He keeps doing this when he sees Jeremy. I love that later tonight he looked at Jeremy's face, rubbed it and then said "it's gone".
I am enjoying cooking for 3. I've been trying new recipes (non-chicken). I've also been doing some running (well, I do walk/runs). I did 2.5 miles yesterday. My goal is to RUN a 5K this year...and who knows what next year will hold?!?!
Thanks for all your love and support. Keep the prayers coming while we transition. I've included a few "old" photos since I've neglected the blog for so long (as always, sorry they are out of order).
 |
| My Mountain Man |
 |
| The transformation |
 |
| Looking Good! |
 |
| Disney 100M Dash. Race Bib I made says "Team Young #3 Our Happy Little Runner". I'm a happy little Mama! |
 |
| He ran the race with Daddy (a name that is frequently yelled through the house these days) |
 |
| Meeting Santa. He didn't care 1 way or the other...Typical easygoing Connor! |
 |
| LOVED the scallops! He has since eaten sushi (complete with wasabi!) |
 |
| A silly boy! He loves holding Mallie because he can't catch her yet so this is a rare treat...but not worth letting go of food |
 |
| My typical evening view (he can catch Kamie when she lets him). |
 |
| Connor got these 'dentures' from the dentist office - you would think they would give you shiny new ones! I can't believe Connor has allowed me to put them in at least 3 times! |
 |
| I know, I know...Late on the Halloween photo. Connor LOVED his pumpkin (obviously!). |
 |
| My AWESOME local support team! Love you ladies! Thanks for all your patience! What a fun evening out! |
 |
| Our angel/destructo baby...who has since removed his diaper and smeared the contents all over his bed :) |
 |
| Making pizza with dad. They also made cookies! |
 |
| Connor reminds us to stop & smell the roses (literally). He smells the fake flowers on my shirt too! I just LOVE this boy! I thank God every day for this sweet baby boy - he is the reason I live every day. Notice the beer koozie on his arm (don't know why he does this...). |
 |
| He loves stickers. He is so good at sharing them too!!! |
 |
| Learning chopsticks! |
 |
| I made Connor this shirt to welcome Jeremy home. It has a picture of Jeremy and says "My American Hero Is My Daddy". |
No comments:
Post a Comment