Sunday, June 7, 2009

Whirlwind Weekend...

It has taken me a week to get my act together enough to blog. We were in New Hampshire last weekend for a wedding. I have to tell you that when we walked out of the airport we looked at each other & Jeremy said "it smells like NH"...and did it ever!
This is a picture of where Jeremy's mom grew up in Salem. The house was recently torn down and we decided to to stop, check it out and take a few pictures.
Jeremy & Brett (the best man of our wedding) only 30 minutes before the wedding. It's a long story, but I didn't have time to get to my parent's house to change before the wedding & had to get ready at Brett's house with the guys where Jeremy was dressing for the wedding. It was awkward to interrupt 'guy time', but they were gracious.
This picture is of us (Obviously! I hope you all knew this as I assume that is why you read the blog) and Brett & Jamie. It was great to meet Jamie (a very nice girl and see Brett again). It was so much fun to stay on the dance floor during the 'married the longest dance'. Usually we have to leave when the DJ says "5 years or longer" (it was 5years and 1day and I wasn't budging). The best moment of the weekend had to be when Jeremy looked at me and told me that one day we are going to win this! Awe...so sweet...and after 5years, I'm beyond happy that we are The Youngs!
This is a picture of us meeting little Brogan (3mo old). He is the baby of our good friends Chris & Coleen (who helped us move to Florida the first time, flew down & helped us move back to Mass, but refused to move us back again as they felt we should have been moving back to NH). We've been eagerly awaiting this meeting and I have to send a little shout-out to his daddy for the good homemade brunch x2!!!
We had a great time seeing friends (and Jeremy's family) while we were in NH. We stayed with our friends the McDonough's in Salem (thank you, thank you, thank you) and got haircuts as we were in bad need of them. It was fun to see the girls and esp my little namesake who just turned 1. We saw the Picone's and spent some airport time with them-it's so funny to see how fast the kids grow and change. I had the opportunity to see the Grover's and the Corneli and have a little 'girl time'. The weekend was back-to-back with our time booked to the minute. It was crazy, but we loved every minute of it.
All we can say is that we miss ALL our New England people and really enjoyed the time we shared with you all. We are settling in well in Florida, but it will never be the same as NH...
Now for the corny picture. Admit it, you were all waiting for it! You do know me after all! I had our AC ducts/vents cleaned this week due to my getting migraines. Can I tell you...this house is over 13years old and they told me it had never been cleaned. And to boot: black mold. I'm thankful that we are breathing clean air! Oh and for those of you who are wondering, you should get your AC and DRYER vents cleaned every 4years! The picture above is of dryer lint built up in the vent...a fire waiting to happen.
PS: Check out the updated shuttle launch video in our blog below.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the photos! You two look great! Now I am afraid to do my laundry. Thanks!

Love, Auntie K xxx